Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My Boston terrier sounds like she is having trouble

Customer Question

Hello!
My Boston terrier sounds like she is having trouble breathing from fluid in her lungs. It sounds like a cold that a human would have; snotty nose, coughing up mucus, weakness, not interested in food. Any ideas? Should I give her Benadryl? The vet can't take her until Monday so I'm trying to help her feel better :(
Thank you!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She is 13 years old
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you.....you have got to find an ER...this cannot wait until Monday without risk of death....

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

It sounds to me like she either has bronchopneumonia or influenza and neither can wait until Monday...

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

Or the other less likely possibility is heart failure but none of these are good....

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

Would you like me to assist you with locating an ER service in your area?

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

are you there?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you so much doctor! I'll bring her to the ER!
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

do you need any additional help today?

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

If you have no other questions:

Please give me a positive rating as that is the only way I am compensated. A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have. ( You can rate me at top right of page).

If you do not have any other questions please rate me as this is how I make money to support my family.

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB