Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog is a German Shepherd. He's about seven months old.

Customer Question

Hi, my dog is a German Shepherd. He's about seven months old. About 10 days ago I noticed he wasn't eating as he used. He would take a few bytes and then completely stop. He started showing signs of weakness and could hardly move
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: He git so week that he couldn't sit right and has trouble standing. I've been feeding him white rice and boiled chicken. I've also been giving him pedialite. But he's too week to stand now and has swollen front leg. He had not pooped in almost about 5 days, but last night he pooped black, tarry, loose stool. I'm on a very low budget and would like to know what is wrong with do that I can help him out. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: He's name is Miko.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 month ago.

Hello , and thank you for using this site to help you.

I am sorry that Miko is not feeling well and in reading your post you have an emergency on your hands. When a dog is defecating black tarry looking stool it means there is bleeding inside, which is cause to see a Vet ASAP.

The swollen leg is also great cause for concern,

There is nothing you can do at home at this point.

Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

It appears that you have requested a new Expert. Did you have additional questions that Sally did not address?