Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

She is chewing her back legs and tail ??? Zoe, 6 yrs. she is

Customer Question
She is chewing her back...
She is chewing her back legs and tail ???
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Zoe, 6 yrs. she is a shitzu
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Zoe?
Customer: her stomach appears swollen or just fat.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/9/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long has she been showing these signs?

Any changes to the skin (ie pustules, pimples, redness, crusts/scaling, ulcers, or sores)?

Any diet change in the 2 months before this started?

Is she worse at any particular time of year?

What flea treatment did you use? When did you last apply it?

Can you take a photo of this to let me see what you are seeing? To post a photo, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me to have a peek.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian