Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I've got a 17 1/2 year old terrier that's started to walk in…

Customer Question
Hi, I've got a...

Hi, I've got a 17 1/2 year old ***** ***** terrier that's started to walk in to corners and can't get back out for a while,then seems to get distressed until I lift him back out.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

No he walks fine.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Herby

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Herby?

Just that he is 17 1/2 and he has been slowing down for the last year or so.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/9/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry to hear about your sweet Herby's condition. These are neurologic symptoms that could be due to Liver Disease, primary brain lesions, Diabetes , or Cognitive Dysfunction Syndrome. The best thing to do is to have your vet examine Herby and run blood work to determine if this is a medical condition that can be treated or if this is a form of dementia that also has treatments that can help. These are geriatric issues and there may not be anything that you can do but keep him cmnfortable but until the tests are run, you will not know.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian