Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

My dog is acting really odd... he's hiding behind the sofa

Customer Question

Hi my dog is acting really odd... he's hiding behind the sofa and under the dining table. And he wants nothing to do with me
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Frankie he's a male chihuahua age 11
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Frankie?
Customer: He's was a rescue dog I've had him for 9 years. I had 3 chihuahuas but one was killed 4 months ago
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 month ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Frankie, please?

I'm sure as you recognize, his behavior isn't pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one particular disorder. He may be ill, anxious, fearful, or any combination of those conditions. Have new symptoms appeared that might help clarify why Frankie is behaving in that manner?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Timely... that timely that I have been seen and gone to an actual vet... an actual real life one! You can take your $5 and... I hope you publish this comment and people don't waste there time and money on this website! Your vets assistant could type quicker than you... you should be ashamed of your job and it's a waste of a veterinary degree.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
you are a disgrace
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I want you to acknowledge my reply

Please discuss your concerns with customer service at***@******.***, http://ww2.justanswer.com/help, or 1-888-(###) ###-####

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?