Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Raccoon may be sick. I have watched many videos about

Customer Question
Young raccoon may be...

Young raccoon may be sick. I have watched many videos about distemper. Little wobbly when walking. No discharge anywhere. She was hiding in garage by bird food. Tetracycline? Want too help little guy.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

No wounds

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the raccoon's name and age?

No name under a year I live in western Colorado on 13 ac we have family of raccoons. I want to help

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the raccoon?

Eats sunflower seeds drank a little water. Have her in dog crate..in garage...we raise Samoyeds

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/9/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 8 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Is this raccoon wild or domestic?

Can you share a video of him in his current condition?

Have you reached out to any wildlife rescues in your area, assuming he's not domestic?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian