Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

I just caught my Chineese Crested with a piece of cat mice

Customer Question

I just caught my Chineese Crested with a piece of Tom cat mice and rat cube she had just started chewing on it when I caught her
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she is 10
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Parfait?
Customer: No. I did make her vomit as soon as I seen her
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 month ago.

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

But before I can start I need a little more information to make things clearer to me, so could you please confirm the following :

1. How likely is it that she swallowed much the cube ?

2. How soon after she had the cube in her mouth did you manage to induce vomiting ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not to much. The minute I caught her I gave her peroxide and she threw up shortly after. There was a few small pieces that she had chewed that came out in the vomit

Thanks for the info, just starting to type out your answer now ...

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thank you. I'm just really worried about her

Hello again,

I have worked out an answer for you below.

1. Good job on inducing vomiting so quickly, there should be nothing further you need to do now, you did just the right thing, Parfait should be just fine.

2. But in any case I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back in the very unlikely event that Parfait's condition changes in any way or if you become further concerned.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you so much!!

No problem, very glad to be advising you.

Please let me know how things go ...

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how Parfait is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the rodent poison incident ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?