Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

Walking in circles, incontinent, blind, losing weight

Customer Question

walking in circles, incontinent, blind, losing weight rapidly. Wondering how much longer that we can expect her to live
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: I don't think so. The vet has examined her. The circling has been going on for at least six months
JA: The Expert will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Patches
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Patches?
Customer: She has a lot of anxiety. My husband has her on a very strict schedule.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to hear about Patches.

Is she eating?

She could go at any time, but if she is eating, she may live for some time to come. If she is not eating, then I would not expect her to last more than a week or so, but it certainly could be sooner. If she won't drink at all, it might only be a matter of days before she passes.

Let me know what other questions I can answer.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 month ago.

I hope you are able to see my answer; please let me know what other questions you may have about Patches.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 month ago.

I did not hear back from you. How is Patches doing?