Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I think I was just with you but had to pull over so I can

Customer Question
get my credit card it...
I think I was just with you but had to pull over so I can get my credit card it was about a puggle
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the Puggle?
Customer: You need me to explain again
JA: Where does the Puggle seem to hurt?
Customer: The dog name was snoppy
JA: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?
Customer: Hear is the problem I am having
JA: Is Snoppy eating normally?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. No appetite problems. Is Snoppy having trouble peeing or pooing?
Customer: No
JA: OK. No obvious problems there. How is Snoppy behaving differently?
Customer: No I need the conversion for how much klopin per pound I am a np
JA: How old is Snoppy?
Customer: 3
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Snoppy?
Customer: He did have a problem with severe yeast about 3 months ago and stomach turned spots of black so we were at the vet they did the hole work up he we had to switch to grain free food and like 3 weeks the yeast was gone he was on methylprenisolone dose pack at the start for 14 day but it's all gone
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/8/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I don't see a previous conversation. Can you tell me why you're considering clonazepam (Klonopin) for Snoppy, please? As an anxiolytic dosage recommendations vary considerably. Most range from 0.1 - 1 mg/kg orally up to 2-3 times day but some recommend up to every 6 hour dosing or dosages up to 2 mg/kg orally every 12 hours. Generally dosages are started near the low end and increased if necessary, If discontinuing after long-term use, do so gradually.

As an adjunctive medication in the treatment of seizures or sleep disorders most dosage recommendations range from 0.5 - 1 mg/kg orally 2-3 times day, but some recommend up to every 6 hour dosing or dosages up to 2 mg/kg orally every 12 hours.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian