Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He has muscois in the far back of his throats and is

Customer Question
He has white muscois...

He has white muscois in the far back of his throats and is drinking a lot of water

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Sushi 13

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Sushi

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/8/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Nicole, Dog Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Nicole
Dr. Nicole, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for your question. There are many reasons why your pet could be exhibiting these symptoms.

In older pets we have to consider that there may be significant dental disease that could be contributing to the film in the mouth and older pets are also at increased risk of metabolic diseases such as kidney disease, diabetes, liver disease etc.

The increased drinking is always a reason to have your pet examined by a veterinarian and have blood work completed.

I diagnose and treat so many pets with increased drinking and urinating with kidney disease, diabetes, Cushing's disease etc. And I always encourage owners that have pets over the age of 7 to have routine blood work completed. In addition, we could have multiple things going on at once.

Do you currently have a veterinarian close to you that you trust?

It is always best to have this evaluated asap. Without blood work and an exam it is difficult to determine the cause.

I really hope that helps, but please do not hesitate to contact me if you need clarification or if you have further questions.

I am more than happy to help you out in any way that I can. Plus any additional information that you can provide about Sushi would be helpful.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Dr. Nicole

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian