Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog has recently quit eating do I started him on a soft

Customer Question

my dog has recently quit eating do I started him on a soft diet but now he is drinking alot of water and peeing alot. not throwing up but when it comes time to poop she sacts constipated but only poops out a little iny bit soft very soft
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: mo .. but not too long ago after a rain she was drinking the water running down the street. she is very lergathic.. sorry for the spelling
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Miss Duckie and I got her as a rescue . she is around 6 years old
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Miss Duckie
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: this is very unusal for her.Itake her out for a walk 4 times a day and she loves to walk the last few days she just walks a few steps and sits down
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Has Duckie had any diagnostics since she stopped eating well and drinking more?

When did these symptoms begin?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I took her to the vet and they said her blood work show a slight elevated white cell count so they put her an antibiotic

Do you need additional assistance at this time? Has she begun eating well again?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The vet is keeping her for now thank you for all your help.

Let me know if you need additional help. Best of luck!