Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

My chiu male 10 yr. old has coughting problem. 24/7.he has

Customer Question

my chiu male 10 yr. old has coughting problem. 24/7.he has been to 2 differnt vets. they cant help him.pills-cought .doesnt help.one vet said it was because he was an older dog,that in his throat that the little piece of meat hanging down was the problem.i thought that i was going to lose him last night.please help him.dont know what to do..
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Coughing can be worrying. The Expert will know what you should do. What is the dog's name?
Customer: paco.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Paco?
Customer: no not really. he gaine alot wieght.but he had this problem.sorry cant spell 2 nite
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 month ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Can you tell me, please, when X-rays of Paco's chest were last taken? Collapsing trachea, heart failure, and chronic sterile bronchitis are important considerations in a Chihuahua of his age.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Local Veterinarian Recommendations + Checklist for Your Vet Visit. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I regret that my state board of veterinary examiners doesn't allow me to speak to customers by phone in this venue but other experts in this category may be able to assist you in this regard. Please let me know if you'd like another expert to do so and I'll opt out of this conversation. Please stay in the conversation if you wish.