Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a senior small dog and for the past week he has not…

Customer Question
I have a senior...

I have a senior small dog and for the past week he has not eaten very much he's very weak drinks water but the throws it up....a few days he wouldn't eat at all

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Psi he is 16 yrs old

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Oso

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Oso?

He is sleeping more that usual and he's very weak and kinda lays in ways he never did before

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
I forgot his breathing is very hard.
9/8/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Amber Hinson,
 replied 9 months ago
Amber Hinson

Hello, I'm Dr. Hinson. Sorry Oso is not feeling well.

What breed of dog is he?

Does he take any medications?

What is his normal diet?

When was the last time he was at the vet for an exam?

Is he up to date on his vaccinations?

Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 9 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

I'll follow up for Dr. Hinson for you. There's rarely just one thing going on in a 16 year but, most important, Oso's litany of signs indicates a patient in need of the attention of his vet at your earliest convenience. His vet will want to perform a thorough physical exam including diagnostics in the form of blood and urine tests. Until test results return, Oso should be hospitalized on IV fluids and other supportive care. Time is of the essence. You're at risk of losing him. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian