Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a 5 year old Chihuahua that had her gallbladder

Customer Question

I have a 5 year old Chihuahua that had her gallbladder removed a few months ago. Her liver values have been elevated, but has been on Ursodiol and Denimerin which has brought them down drastically. But this morning she got into some cat food this morning. Not sure how much she got befor I caught her. She is acting very lethargic and seems to have an upset tummy. Kinda hips when we touch her. I am out of town from my local vet. Not sure what to do. And it's after hours....
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the Chihuahua. What is the Chihuahua's name?
Customer: Daffi
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Daffi?
Customer: No not that I can think of.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Amber Hinson replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Dr. Hinson and I'd like to try and help you. Sorry Daffi is not feeling well.

I just have a few questions to get started.

Is there any chance she could have gotten into anything other than the cat food? Does she seem bloated? Any vomiting? Diarrhea? Is she still taking the Urosdiol and Denamarin? What is her normal diet?