Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Cat question. My cat 1 yr. old got abcess right flank.

Customer Question
Cat question. My cat...
Cat question. My cat 1 yr. old got abcess right flank. Opened after stiff area pulled open. Soft egg size lump. Next day sprinkles with NEO-Predel I had on hand. Next day 6th(day) entire area open,.red and raw. Cont to treat 2 times a day. Area smaller but tonight cat licking and growling. Are looks deeper to me. Should I cut hair laying on area and seek vet visit?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: this is a cat!..Manx/Mancoon mix from rescue organization at 6 weeks. Current on shots, neutered and other than large wt, loss with ijury, healthy.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/8/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Are you able to take a picture of the area? Is this the first time this has happened?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian