Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My Dad is a pensioner and just needs a repeat for Dermotic…

Customer Question
Hi there, My Dad...

Hi there, My Dad is a pensioner and just needs a repeat for Dermotic Ear and Skin Suspension. The vet didn't give him a repeat the last time (not long ago) when he first took Lucy in for a checkup. It's going to cost him $70 just to make an appointment with the vet. Is there anyway around not paying for the consultation fee? $70 seems a bit wrong to charge a pensioner such a high amount of money.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Lucy is a toy poodle. She will be turning 11 in October...

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

No. She's in good health otherwise. Actually has a lot of life and go still in her.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/8/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. It isn't clear to me what you're asking. To have a prescription medication refilled, a vet needs to have a good understanding of the condition for which the medication is prescribed and the refill must be requested within a reasonable amount of time following the original prescription. One or the other requirement may not have been met if Lucy's vet won't refill that suspension. If you're asking if we can prescribe, no, we're not allowed to prescribe through this venue.

Not fair. Lucy has regular consultations, is greatly loved and she's well taken care of. We just wanted a repeat for a script that was recently supplied to treat her ear infection. $70 is a lot to pay just for a consultation to purchase the same product yet again, especially for a pensioner. I was just after an alternative to help lower costs. So, I now have to pay another $27 just for the irrelevant information and extremely late reply from you. Also, please don't patronise me. My question was clear and easy to understand...

It appears that I'm not the expert for you. I'll opt out which will give another expert the opportunity to enter this conversation.

Dog Veterinarian: Camille-Mod,
 replied 8 months ago
Camille-Mod

Hi, I am sorry for any misunderstanding, but at this time we do not offer Veterinary or prescription service of any kind but may be able to do so in the future, so please check back at a later date.

Please let me know if you want to continue or cancel your question and I'm happy to further assist you.

Best,
Camille - Moderator

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian