Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog got into a bottle of fungi nail. Its liquid and not…

Customer Question
My dog got into...

My dog got into a bottle of fungi nail. Its liquid and not sure how much he swallowed. He did while we were gone.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Hi name is ***** ***** he is 4 months old. He doesn't have loss of appetite but he does have diarrhea

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about BJ?

He acts fine otherwise. Still plays a lot just concerned about the diarrhea

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/7/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Fungi-Nail contains the non-toxic undecylenic acid 3%. As with ingesting anything unusual transient gastrointestinal distress in the form of inappetence, vomiting and/or diarrhea can arise but BJ wasn't intoxicated and should remain safe. There's no need to induce emesis or treat in any manner. Please respond with further questions or concerns.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian