Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 9 year old girl Pomchi is bleeding from her rectium, Dog…

Customer Question
My 9 year old...

My 9 year old girl Pomchi is bleeding from her rectium

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Dog - Pomchi mix

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

Other than the bleeding and lost of energy and not eating much for the last 2 days She just drinking water

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/7/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately. If you have not responded back in 10 minutes, it may be a longer before I can get back to you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

Is she have blood in her stool, or do you just see blood dripping from her anus?

Is she scooting her rear end on the ground?

Do you notice any swellings or painful areas around her anus?

What color are her gums?

Any areas of bruising on her gums, eye, ears or belly?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian