Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311

My puppy ran in between my legs and accidentally stepped on

Customer Question

My puppy ran in between my legs and accidentally stepped on him and now he will not apply any weight onto his back right leg. Anytime I touch his leg he yelps and cries in a loud scream. It sounds like it hurts really bad and I don't know what to do.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** is a 6 month old Keeshond
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Chief?
Customer: Just that he is crying really loud & that he carries his leg up and won't even try to put it down
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.

Expert:  Lisa replied 1 month ago.

Do you notice any swelling at all?

When did this happen?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There is no swelling. He just won't apply any pressure and screams when. I touch it
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It happened at about 8am this morning
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 month ago.

Okay...great. Thanks for the additional information. I really appreciate it.

Since it happened several hours ago and he's still acting really painful, I absolutely think that the best thing to do is to have him seen by a vet for a quick x-ray.

Even if the leg isn't fractured (and to be honest, I'm a little worried it may be) they'll get him on some pain medication to help keep him comfortable until it heals.

I hope it's just a sprain, but getting it seen is going to give you the best outcome.

I hope this helps.

Expert:  Lisa replied 1 month ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

CVT_in_MN