Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  I have been a practicing veterinarian for over 30 years.
60411192

I think my dog may have eaten a callus remover with the

Customer Question

I think my dog may have eaten a callus remover with the medicated disc, since it suddenly is not on my foot anymore. She is 15 months old and weighs 27 pounds
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Her mane is Piper.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: No she is acting normally.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help with this concern about Piper.

Please give me a few minutes to type back a response for you. Deb

Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 1 month ago.

From what I can tell, the active ingredient in this type of product is Salicylic acid which won't be toxic, per se, if ingested. It might cause vomiting (which might be seen about 30 minutes or so after ingestion) or possibly diarrhea (usually within 12-24 hours) but I wouldn't expect that she'd develop symptoms more serious than this, especially if the disc was on your foot for a period of time (the active ingredient should have dissipated)

In case you were wondering about an obstruction, this isn't likely to happen either; she should pass the disc in her feces which may take about 12-24 hours as well....or perhaps a little longer if it remains in her stomach for a while (which sometimes happens).

If she doesn't appear to be nauseous, then I'd feed her another meal with fiber (such as whole wheat bread) but other than this, no action on your part is necessary.

I hope this helps to reassure you about her. Deb

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you I feel much better. Like I said I am not positive she ate it but it doesn,t hurt to know!
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 1 month ago.

You're more than welcome.

It never ceases to amaze me the things that our dogs will eat; however, even if she did, it shouldn't be a problem for her, fortunately:)

Deb

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did not agree to pay CA$38 you only disclosed a $5.00. You did not disclose the additional fee until I recieved your reply. I will debate this since it was not disclosed before I gave you my credit card number and information!!!
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately, my role is to only answer questions; I don't handle the financial end of things and I can't see what you see at your end of things.

If there's any discrepancy about what you agreed to pay, customer service should be able to handle the problem to your satisfaction. ***@******.***

But, my apologies for the confusion. Deb