Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog CKC has all the signs of Parkinsons disease yet she…

Customer Question
My dog CKC has all...
My dog CKC has all the signs of Parkinsons disease yet she is 12
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/7/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Lisa, Certified Vet Tech replied 11 months ago
Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech

Hello! My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.

What symptoms are you seeing?

How long has she been showing these signs?

She has spasms and tics mostly when resting or trying to sleep, she does seems to be at the very least uncomfortable, she is getting quite lame on her front legs and her breathing is getting bad, she has a slight heart condition, quite good for a CKC; she has been getting worse for the past four months

Is she on any medications or supplements?

If you press on her back, and neck, does she seem painful?

How long in total has it been going on?

She is on Pexion 100 1/2 tablet in the evening, she was having it morning and night but made her sleep 24/7 No pain i her back or neck only when she twitches is it painful and in her front legs she is lame. Going on for 4 months

Why did the vet prescribe the Pexion?

Why?

to try and help the spasms, and to see if the problem came from the brain
doesn't seem that they do, she is not an xious type of dog, in fact the very opposite even though she is a rescue

And when was the last time she saw her vet?

Yesterday
I was a trainee vet and am struggling with the French attitude of leave it to me I know best, ***** ***** does but I know my dog (s) have had rescue dogs for 50 years and am fairly intuative and her sysmptoms are very like Parkinsons yet I know that it is usually a disease of younger dogs, vet wont even explore this avenue with a firm *dogs dont get Parkinsons* !!! they do and occasionally older dogs can be affected.

I'm actually going to opt out and see if a vet with more neuro experience can pick this up.

Because I have been handed over to another does this mean that I have another fee to pay? or am I still on the 19€ fee?