Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog CKC has all the signs of Parkinsons disease yet she

Customer Question

My dog CKC has all the signs of Parkinsons disease yet she is 12
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.

Expert:  Lisa replied 1 month ago.

What symptoms are you seeing?

How long has she been showing these signs?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She has spasms and tics mostly when resting or trying to sleep, she does seems to be at the very least uncomfortable, she is getting quite lame on her front legs and her breathing is getting bad, she has a slight heart condition, quite good for a CKC; she has been getting worse for the past four months
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 month ago.

Is she on any medications or supplements?

If you press on her back, and neck, does she seem painful?

How long in total has it been going on?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She is on Pexion 100 1/2 tablet in the evening, she was having it morning and night but made her sleep 24/7 No pain i her back or neck only when she twitches is it painful and in her front legs she is lame. Going on for 4 months
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 month ago.

Why did the vet prescribe the Pexion?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 month ago.

Why?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
to try and help the spasms, and to see if the problem came from the brain
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
doesn't seem that they do, she is not an xious type of dog, in fact the very opposite even though she is a rescue
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 month ago.

And when was the last time she saw her vet?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Yesterday
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was a trainee vet and am struggling with the French attitude of leave it to me I know best, ***** ***** does but I know my dog (s) have had rescue dogs for 50 years and am fairly intuative and her sysmptoms are very like Parkinsons yet I know that it is usually a disease of younger dogs, vet wont even explore this avenue with a firm *dogs dont get Parkinsons* !!! they do and occasionally older dogs can be affected.
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 month ago.

I'm actually going to opt out and see if a vet with more neuro experience can pick this up.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Because I have been handed over to another does this mean that I have another fee to pay? or am I still on the 19€ fee?