Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

I have a 8 week old American staffy and i thibk sge is

Customer Question

i have a 8 week old American staffy and i thibk sge is cobtapated
JA: What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: an 8 week old american staffy
JA: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?
Customer: yes
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the animal?
Customer: she is not hersef she keeps going to do a poo but cant and a little bit of wee comes out she kewos wimpeeing
JA: What is the's name?
Customer: my dog
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?
Customer: no she has had her needles
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Friend, if the puppy is having a hard time passing stool as you have suspected it sounds like she is constipated. What you can do is increase the water intake by adding some water to her food. In addition, you can offer low sodium chicken broth or milk. If that doesn't work you can give her 2-3 drops of mineral oil directly into her mouth. If she continues to have problems the next step is a hands-on examination with your family veterinarian.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter