PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

My 13 pound dog accidentally at a dose of 2.5 mg Vetmedin

Customer Question

My 13 pound dog accidentally at a dose of 2.5 mg Vetmedin and 5 m of Enalapril. Should I take her to the emergency vet, force her to throw up, or will she be ok left alone?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: The medicine was intended for my other dog with heart problems.
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she is around 2-3 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Fuzzy?
Customer: no I don't think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 month ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Dosing is appropriate for a 13 pound dog and so Fuzzy's dietary indiscretion should go unnoticed. There would be no need to induce emesis or treat in any manner. May I have an update on Fuzzy, please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She seems to be doing fine. She has been sleeping next to me. Thank you for your answer.
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon, JACustomer. It appears that you were satisfied with Dr. Salkin's reply but also requested a new Expert. Can you clarify if you're needing additional help and, if so, what additional questions you need answered?