Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

She vomited twice and she weighs about 33 to 35 lbs. How

Customer Question
She vomited twice and she...
She vomited twice and she weighs about 33 to 35 lbs. How much pepcid can I give her
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: no unless she got a hold of something outside. But it seemed to be all dog food
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Bosha she is a 5 year old Puli
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Bosha
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bosha?
Customer: No she is otherwise healthy
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/7/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Richard Rawling,
 replied 2 months ago
Richard Rawling

Hi, i`m Richard, a Veterinarian from the UK. Hopefully I can help today.

Dog Veterinarian: Richard Rawling,
 replied 2 months ago

For a dog of her weight I would recommend a pepcid dose of ~15mg twice daily.

I would also advise feeding a light diet for the next few days - plain boiled chicken and rice, a little scrambled egg, plain white fish or light cottage cheese.
This can help take the strain off an irritated stomach and help things settle down.

Has she had any diet change recently? Any signs of diarrhea?

Richard Rawling
Richard Rawling
Richard Rawling