Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog MIGHT have just eaten a mushroom in the yard. Can we

Customer Question

my dog MIGHT have just eaten a mushroom in the yard. Can we wait to see if any signs show up, or is this an emergency?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Roxie, and she is about 11 yrs old. She is a rescue dog, so age is unknown for sure.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Roxie?
Customer: No. She seems healthy, but old and perhaps hard of hearing. I have found mushrooms in our yard several times this summer, and even though she has been out there with me, she has never shown an interest in them.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Denise Cudiamat replied 1 month ago.

Hi. I’m Dr. Denise, a licensed veterinarian. I’m happy to help with your concerns regarding Roxie.

I recommend inducing Roxi to vomit. Do you have hydrogen peroxide?

How much does she weigh? I will give you the dose of peroxide needed.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I prefer to chat on-line

The request for the call is automated. You can decline it. I'm available to chat online.

How much does Roxie weigh?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
All I am getting is solicitations. All I want is an answer to the one question
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have already said I want to chat on line. Is that not possible?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello???
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
skip it. I see you want to play games and end up with more money.

Are you seeing my responses? I have sent several message, maybe they are not going through.

Do you have hydrogen peroxide?

How much does Roxie weigh?

Mushrooms can have toxic effects on dogs and I recommend inducing Roxie to vomit.

Please let me know how much she weighs and I'm here to talk you through the induction process.

Since I don't think my responses are connecting with you, I've referred your question to customer service for assistance.