Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog MIGHT have just eaten a mushroom in the yard. Can we…

Customer Question
My dog MIGHT have...

My dog MIGHT have just eaten a mushroom in the yard. Can we wait to see if any signs show up, or is this an emergency?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Roxie, and she is about 11 yrs old. She is a rescue dog, so age is unknown for sure.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Roxie?

No. She seems healthy, but old and perhaps hard of hearing. I have found mushrooms in our yard several times this summer, and even though she has been out there with me, she has never shown an interest in them.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/7/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Denise, Dog Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Denise
Dr. Denise, Dog Veterinarian

Hi. I’m Dr. Denise, a licensed veterinarian. I’m happy to help with your concerns regarding Roxie.

I recommend inducing Roxi to vomit. Do you have hydrogen peroxide?

How much does she weigh? I will give you the dose of peroxide needed.

I prefer to chat on-line

The request for the call is automated. You can decline it. I'm available to chat online.

How much does Roxie weigh?

All I am getting is solicitations. All I want is an answer to the one question
I have already said I want to chat on line. Is that not possible?
Hello???
skip it. I see you want to play games and end up with more money.

Are you seeing my responses? I have sent several message, maybe they are not going through.

Do you have hydrogen peroxide?

How much does Roxie weigh?

Mushrooms can have toxic effects on dogs and I recommend inducing Roxie to vomit.

Please let me know how much she weighs and I'm here to talk you through the induction process.

Since I don't think my responses are connecting with you, I've referred your question to customer service for assistance.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian