Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog, Corrie has congestive heart failure and has

Customer Question

My dog, Corrie has congestive heart failure and has unfortunately not eaten much in 2-3 days. She is walking around, barking, "asking" to go outside as normal, but her breathing is sometimes at a high rate and she does have occasional fainting episodes. Our main concern now is the lack of appetite. We have tried chicken, spaghetti, tacos, cat food, you name it, she won't eat it. Also due to this, she cannot take her meds at all and we can NOT pill her as she will bite. She is going in for injections of lasix every day at the vet. We hate to put her down as she is still somewhat active despite not eating.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Amber Hinson replied 1 month ago.

Hello I'm Dr. Hinson. Sorry to hear that Corrie is having this issue.

If you take her into the vet for Lasix injections can they not administer the other pills for you? What pills are they (vetmedin?, enalapril?)

Have x-rays of her chest been taken?

The high rate of breathing and fainting episodes are worrisome....