Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog, Corrie has congestive heart failure and has

Customer Question
unfortunately not eaten much in...
My dog, Corrie has congestive heart failure and has unfortunately not eaten much in 2-3 days. She is walking around, barking, "asking" to go outside as normal, but her breathing is sometimes at a high rate and she does have occasional fainting episodes. Our main concern now is the lack of appetite. We have tried chicken, spaghetti, tacos, cat food, you name it, she won't eat it. Also due to this, she cannot take her meds at all and we can NOT pill her as she will bite. She is going in for injections of lasix every day at the vet. We hate to put her down as she is still somewhat active despite not eating.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/7/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Amber Hinson,
 replied 8 months ago
Amber Hinson

Hello I'm Dr. Hinson. Sorry to hear that Corrie is having this issue.

If you take her into the vet for Lasix injections can they not administer the other pills for you? What pills are they (vetmedin?, enalapril?)

Have x-rays of her chest been taken?

The high rate of breathing and fainting episodes are worrisome....

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian