Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Has been panting for 5 days no appitite dry nose, Jack 10…

Customer Question
Has been panting...

Has been panting for 5 days no appitite dry nose

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?

Jack 10 year old german shepard has lost a lot of weight so we dewormed him but wondering if something else maybe age related

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

No other then that he was healthy and happy

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
is the deworming =making him sick for this length of time
still wating for an answer
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/7/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr B, Veterinarian replied 9 months ago
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian

HI this is DRB and I will try and help you with this....

I cannot do phone calls due to my medical board rules....are you ok with texting here?

Let me know...

yeah I am ok
are you there?
Dog Veterinarian: Amber Hinson,
 replied 9 months ago
Amber Hinson

Hello, I'm Dr. Hinson and I'd like to try and help. Are you still there?

well I keeping missing you please respond
any one there?
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 9 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Good afternoon, Joe. I am so sorry for the confusion and our Experts not being online when you've been here. I am here now and able to assist you.

1) What type of dewormer was being used?
2) In what state do you reside?
3) Is dewormer regularly used?
4) Any vomiting or diarrhea?
5) Have there been any changes to the diet? New food? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment?
6) When was bloodwork last performed on Jack?
7) Is he up and moving or lethargic and unwilling to move much?

Hi dewormer is decon
california
hes has had worms twice this is the 3rd time
little of diarrhea
some one fed him 2 lbs of rotting hamburger
blood work was done too long ago to be useful cant get an appointment till next week
He is very lathargic

Can you share a link to the exact dewormer you're using?

When was the rotting hamburger fed?

I dont have the web site
2 weeks ago he was fed rotting meat and he seemed to do fine till about a week ago

Do you happen to have the box? The reason I am asking is because decon is a rat poison and not a dewormer. I really need to know exactly what was given as this may be toxic to Jack.