Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

He is a bird dog mix, 13-14 year old rescue. He will poop as

Customer Question
many as four times in...
He is a bird dog mix, 13-14 year old rescue. He will poop as many as four times in a walk. The stool will start out firm the by the fourth squat, it is very loose almost runny. I have changed his kibble to Acana (sp), adding bone broth and pumpkin. This has helped but this afternoon he pooped the with sausage type coating then a small pile, very wet, but no mucus. Other wise he is very healthy and playful.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Jack
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Jack?
Customer: Nothing else on the negative
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/7/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 3 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

When did Jack last have bloodwork performed?

When was an intestinal parasite screen last performed?

Is he on a monthly deworming regimen? If so, what?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian