Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Three days ago my dog suddenly became lethargic. She is

Customer Question

Three days ago my dog suddenly became lethargic. She is usually active and runs outside but now only sleeps or moves very slowly. She is eating about 1/3 of her usual amount and drinking about half. She does not appear to be hurting and her feces look normal. I am leaving on a trip out of country tonight and need to let the dog sitter what is going on. Any thoughts?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Annie
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Annie?
Customer: 9 years old 50 lbs
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
has been in good health.
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

When did Annie last have bloodwork run?

Is she on any medication at this time?

Any vomiting?

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment?