Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

14 yr old peke's hind legs giving way, unable to drink

Customer Question

14 yr old peke's hind legs giving way, unable to drink water, falls into food trying to eat, having trouble peeing due to imbalance. she won't let me touch her. she threw up yellow stuff
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: she tasted a little dry food
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: molly
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Molly?
Customer: she's listless and has stopped signaling to go out,
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 month ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Molly, please?

Regretfully, she appears to be failing to the point that you're likely to lose her soon. It's unclear why she has become so weak but there's rarely just one thing going on in a 14 year old. She represents a patient who needs to see her vet at your earliest convenience. The vet will need to perform a thorough physical and neurologic exam including diagnostics in the form of blood and urine test +/- imaging in the form of X-rays or ultrasound and any treatment then will be predicated upon the findings in such testing. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.