Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

I just got up to go to the bathroom and I heard a rattling

Customer Question

Hi, I just got up to go to the bathroom and I heard a rattling sound and it was the sound of my dog with my birth control pills. It was on my bed side table and I accidentally left them out
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with your dog?
Customer: He only ate 2
JA: The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: He's about 5kg Benji
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: One was the active pill and the other one was just a sugar pill that he ate
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

1- What is the name of the ingredient in the pill and milligrams?

2- How long has it been since he ate it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It says on the packet
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He ate one active and one sugar
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Please give me 5-10 minutes to type your answer. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Friend, one single pill of these birth control pills will not be toxic in a 5kg dog. We get concern with the estrogen (Ethinyloestradiol) when the dose is above 1mg/kg, in this case, this is a very small amount. As far as the sugar pill, not a concern either; your dog will be fine.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter