Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog was prescribed deramaxx for a pulled muscle possible

groin in left rear leg...
My dog was prescribed deramaxx for a pulled muscle possible groin in left rear leg, the deramaxx really helped him. He got 1/2 of 100mg dosage a day for 3 days. now he has injured the same leg again and the vet wants me to bring him in for xrays etc....... he is not in a lot of pain just mostly stiffness when he 1st gets up from nap or long car ride, can't really afford another vet visit and was wondering what else i could give him to relieve his discomfort? he really only needs 1/2 pill 50mg to get him rolling and he is back to new
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Trigger
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Trigger?
Customer: ummm not really.
I just noticed that you said 'could be a lot of things that cause lethargy' he is not lethargic. If he's see a squirrel or another animal he is off and running, he is far from lethargic.
I thought my answer was supposed to be within 10 minutes????????? Not happy about waiting this long! going on 45 minutes now.
9/6/2017
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer. I just came online and saw your question; I am sorry you did not hear from a Just Answer expert before now.

How much does Trigger weigh? You can try giving him some aspirin if you can't get more of the Deramaxx. I need his weight to give you a safe dose.

He is about 80lbs

He could take 1 regular aspirin, 325 mg, with food. If he vomits, do not repeat it. Do not give Advil or Aleve; aspirin only.

Let me know if this helps and if I can answer any other questions.

325mg???? I thought only 81mg. I'll try it! Thank you!

The dose is 10 mg per kg, and he is 36 kg.

You are welcome!

Gotcha! Once a day? How long??

Up to twice daily, as needed. Stop if there is any vomiting.

Thank you so much!!! Have a goodnight!

You are welcome!

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thanks for the good rating!

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian