Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

She is breathing heavily and having trouble on her feet she

Customer Question
takes a few steps and...
She is breathing heavily and having trouble on her feet she takes a few steps and then falls over
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Sady and she is 13.5 years
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sady?
Customer: She seemed healthy even yesterday
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/6/2017
Dog Veterinarian: jadedangel57, owner replied 2 months ago
jadedangel57

Hi JaCustomer,

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is Jane. I have been involved professionally with dogs in the healthcare and behavioral fields for over 20 years. I’ve worked as a Vet Assistant and Behaviorist and have extensive experience in dog reproduction, as a breeder, for even longer than that.. Canine behavioral issues and training are also my specialties. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

I'm so sorry that no other expert answered your question earlier. Your question just showed up on the list of unanswered questions that I have access to and I wanted to help. I hope you will rate my answer rather than the delay.

It is necessary for me to get a little information from you before I can type up your reply. Your patience is appreciated.

Are your dog’s eyes moving back and forth?

Is your dog standing with its legs further apart then normal?

Is your dog swaying? Is your dog walking on an angle and can’t walk a straight line?

Is your dog holding its head at a tilt? Is your dog nausea or eating less?

Just checking to see if you found the reason for your dog's behavior?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian