Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Painful pea sized lump on paw pad, causing her to limp,

Customer Question

Painful pea sized lump on paw pad, causing her to limp
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Black lab 5 year old
JA: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?
Customer: Dog- lab
JA: This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. IF YOU GET REQUEST FOR A PHONE CALL, IT IS FROM THE WEBSITE AND NOT MYSELF. JUST IGNORE IT. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately. If you have not responded back in 10 minutes, it may be a longer before I can get back to you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

Is the lump red or swollen?
Is the lump bleeding or have any other discharge?

Are you able to take a picture of the area and post it or attach it to your next message?