Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I had 2 litters of puppies (now 4 weeks) The only puppy(of

Customer Question

Good morning. I had 2 litters of puppies (now 4 weeks) The only puppy(of the 1 mother was very small and I had to bottle feed since birth. He was the only one that survived(4 others died due to the Herpes virus) The other litter is up and about and playing with each other and can see me. This puppy however seems to be very slow(although he is 3 days older) His eyes still got that blue colour and the other puppies eyes are already brown. Is this a concern or is he only slower because of his size? He weight only 0.4gms last week. Thanks Sarita. Sorry I am a breeder of miniature Schnauzers.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infections the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: Only that I bottle fed him up to a week ago with Milko pup and a little bit of protexin. He stated to drink on the other mother, but now he seems to have problems to poo, and cramps
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that no one has reached out to you before now. How is the puppy doing at this time? Can you tell me more about the stool abnormality you're seeing and share pictures of his eyes?