Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I am afraid my cockkapoo is dying. i have her in my arms.

Customer Question
I am afraid my...

I am afraid my cockkapoo is dying. i have her in my arms. she was seen by the vet recently ( four days ago) because she suddenly pees and poops randomly, inside,even by her dish. her liver value was 9. She had a lump on her throat the doc said might be cancer. her paw was injured so she was given an anti biotic. i am supposed to take her in tomorrow to follow up on the lump.. tonight she started wobbling in her walk. then she threw up several times.she is 14. Right now she is sleeping but breathing in a panting kind of way. i dont think she is in pain. I will hold her like this all night and take her first thing in the am, if she makes it. Meanwhile do you have any advice to keep her from suffering? can i give her benadryl 25 mg as i have been told to do when she is itchy? she also keeps smacking like she's thirsty.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the Cockapoo?

The antibiotic is called cephalexin and i did not give it tonight but i gave her two by mistake last night. but she was ok until tonight

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 2 days by:
9/8/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 5 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that no one has reached out to you before now. How is your companion at this time?

She's still here, feeling better today. I took her to the vet the next morning. Thank you.
Not only no answr but I was charged twice @28.00 each. I called and I emailed, but have had no response. Can you do anything? Thank you.

I'll be happy to reach out to customer service for you.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian