Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Earlier today, we suddenly noticed a raised, bleeding raw…

Customer Question
Earlier today, we suddenly...

Earlier today, we suddenly noticed a raised, bleeding raw spot on our dog's nose (in the furry part, not the nose itself). We took her to a vet who looked at some pus under the microscope and didn't see any bacteria or parasites. They gave us some antibiotics, but even after one dose, 5 hours later, the swelling/bleeding looks worse, and she seems listless.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

She's a two She's under two years old. We live in Brooklyn, NY in a neighborhood with grassy lawns. We're wondering if its a bite of some kind.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/6/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Can you upload a photo(s) of this spot to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/

I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian