Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog is having great difficulty moving her back right leg…

Customer Question
My dog is having...

My dog is having great difficulty moving her back right leg and general weakness in her legs. She was in pain over the weekend and I gave her some aspirin. She had a good Monday but it got worse today. After two aspirin 8 hours apart she did perk up and eat drink and go outside to urinate. Is it arthritis ?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Sassy she is 10

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Sassy

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sassy?

She is a service animal

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/6/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear Sassy is having trouble moving her leg and is weak in her back legs.

How much does she weigh and how much aspirin did she get?

This could be arthritis, but could also be an injury, a pinched nerve, a slipped nerve in her back. What breed is she? There are problems that are more common in particular breeds.

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian