Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Our French bulldogs face is swollen and she is vomiting. can

we give her something or...
our French bulldogs face is swollen and she is vomiting. can we give her something or should we go to emergency vet?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the French bulldog eat anything unusual?
Customer: not that we know of, but its possible she ate something in the yard
JA: What is the French bulldog's name and age?
Customer: Lola, she is 10 months old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lola?
Customer: no
8/30/2017
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1- How long has this been going on?

2- Any difficulty breathing?

3- Is she lethargic?

4- How much does she weigh?

Not sure how long, just got home.
No difficulty breathing
Awake and alert just looks like she feels bad.
She weighs 20 lbs

It sounds like she is having an allergic reaction. I would start her on Benadryl (diphenhydramine) every 12 hours for the next 5 days. If at any point you notice difficulty breathing or if she vomits the Benadryl I would have her checked by ER veterinarian. You can buy Benadryl over the counter in any pharmacy.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter

What is the dose of the benedryl for a dog?

I am sorry, 25mg every 12 hours. (typing too fast).

Ok, thanks so much

You're welcome. :)

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian