Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

A 6lb Chihuahua, she had Rabies, DHPP and Lyme Disease shots

2 days ago and now...
A 6lb Chihuahua, she had Rabies, DHPP and Lyme Disease shots 2 days ago and now has developed swelling in the neck, area just above the injection site. Should I be concerned?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the Chihuahua?
Customer: She's perfectly healthy in all areas, just got a clean bill of health from her Dr. I would call him but he's not available until Monday.
8/27/2017
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you...

Is your dog eating, drinking ,urinating and defecating normally?

If your dog is normal in every other way except for the swelling and the swelling is not causing any breathing problems of any type then you should be bale to wait until Monday to contact your vet...we don't give vaccines in the neck area just so we know what vaccine is given where....some vaccines will cause swelling like this that is simply an immune response to the vaccine...but this needs to be monitored carefully...please let me know if you have additional questions......Sincerely,DRB

Please give me a positive rating as that is the only way I am compensated. A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have. ( You can rate me at top right of page).

If you do not have any other questions please rate me as this is how I make money to support my family.

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB

Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian

Thank you and let me know if you need additional help. DRB

Dr B
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian