Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Internal bleeding, she bleeds from rectum, she jumped out of…

Internal bleeding, she bleeds...

Internal bleeding, she bleeds from rectum, she jumped out of moving car this afternoon

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Dog

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

We have veterinary clinics close to us, I don't knw if any of them are open now can be fractured liver?

8/26/2017
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Regretfully, an online vet can't assess the extent of injury. Bleeding from the liver would fill her abdomen with blood. Bleeding from the rectum must come from her bowels. I hope that you've already had her attended to. A thorough physical exam including X-rays of her chest and X-ray or, preferably, ultrasound of her abdomen were indicated.

Thank you so much, Dr. Salkin, fortunately only the rectum iwas damaged from outside as she probably landed on a stone outcrop of something, she is doing much better now. Thank you

Thank you for the good update. I appreciate your taking the time to let me know. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it.