Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My 7 month old female Chihuahuas received their rabies

Customer Question
vaccination today. They received...
My 7 month old female Chihuahuas received their rabies vaccination today. They received the 1 yr vaccine. Upon reading their certificates it I realized that there was a lot number, no manufacturer listed and the med used expired 11/16/16. I called the vets office back to clarify and was told it was just a glitch in the system. I told her that I wanted a correct copy of the expiration . She told me she would have to attempt to manipulate the computer to fix it. After thinking about it I called back and asked for the manufacturer of the expired vaccine. She hesitated but finally said it was Nobivac. She stated she would get certificates corrected next week. I plan to contact Merck with the lot number on Monday to confirm. My concern is whether or not the vaccines they received as puppies were out of date as well and what effect could it have on my pet
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Hello??
8/25/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand that the rabies certificate revealed an expired product, but you were told that it was a technical error. Your question is if the puppy vaccination for rabies were also out of date and what affect it could have on your chihuahua. Is that a correct summary of your question?

I explained clearly....what a waste of time and money!

I am sorry for the frustration this has caused you. It is important for me to make sure I understand your question correctly before giving advice in case there is any discrepancy. Please let me know if you would like to proceed.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian