Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My puppy ate about 5 or 6 pieces of his own poop in our yard…

My ***** ***** puppy...

My ***** ***** puppy ate about 5 or 6 pieces of his own poop in our yard and then came into our house and threw it up in 4 small piles. what should i do now?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if your puppy will be able to digest that. What is the jack's name?

Wilfred

8/24/2017
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you......there is nothing you need to do......he has probably purged his system and will likley be fine at this point.....if he continues to vomit though you will need to take him into the ER vet tonight.... but this is unlikely. I hope that helps but let me know if you have any additional questions...Sincerely, DRB

Please give me a positive rating as that is the only way I am compensated. A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have. ( You can rate me at top right of page).

If you do not have any other questions please rate me as this is how I make money to support my family.

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB

Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Thank you for the reassurance - I'll keep an eye on him. He's drinking though so this is encouraging and the vomiting seems to have stopped. Thank you!

You are very welcome.....DRB

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr B