Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My cat licked blue note. I wa in aware of this bring toxic…

Customer Question
My cat licked blue...

My cat licked blue note. I wa in aware of this bring toxic to her. I put it on her Thursday and notice her foaming at her mouth yesterday. That's when we realized blu note is toxic to cats.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you see what your dog ate?

Blu kote

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?

My cat.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/23/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Joan, Vet Tech replied 9 months ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. I am sorry your cat had the problem. Blue Kote will make your Cat foam because of the taste when licking it, it can also cause some nausea and voming, but that should be the extent of the problem. I suggest goving your Cat 1/4 pf a Pepcid AC for the nausea and any vomiting. Your Cat shold recover with no other issues. I would not use it around the cat any more.

Please hit reply and we can discuss any questions you may have.

Joan

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Jav917
Joan
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech