Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

9 week old golden. Her stool sample from last monday said no

parasites but she's had constant...
9 week old golden. Her stool sample from last monday said no parasites but she's had constant loose stools, now going every 1/2 hour or 2, just spotty. Otherwise acting fine and eating well.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the Golden can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the Golden's name?
Customer: Lucy
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the Golden?
Customer: She's only been here a little over a week and has put everykind of lily plants she could in her mouth, and pulls up grass. She's on the same food she was weened on and today I started adding a probiotic to her kibble I will take her to my vet in the morning, but thank you
8/21/2017
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1- I understand her stool sample was negative, but, was she dewormed? If so, name of the dewormer?

2- Any vomiting?

3- Any other symptoms?

4- How long has she had diarrhea?

No vomiting
Just the constant need to go. They were back and forth over the week (loose, better, loose again) today she had a couple of full movements but tonight it's just been multiple small wet 'drips' ever half hour or so, sometimes she feels like she's gonna go but nothing.She was dewormed (second tiome before I picked her up) There isn't a type of deworming on the paperwork. She also was given her first doeses on nexguard and ..trying to find the other (heartworm preventative)It started gettting loose last Sunday. I brought a sample Monday morning to her ver but no parasites were found.
She had interceptor on the 14th and nexgard on the 16th.
Sorry for all the type-os.. long day!
She's been eating normally (3 times a day, about a cup, she was just shy of 16 pounds last Saturday), I started adding a teaspoon of NaturVet Digestive Enzymes plus Probiotic to her food this afternoon (2 meals with it so far)
I do plan on bringing her to the Vet tomorrow morning. she's gotta go out again now,,

Friend, there are other parasites that may not appear on routine fecal analysis and are not treated by Interceptor or Nexgard like coccidia and giardia. I would discuss with your vet about treating her against these parasites to rule them out. In the meantime, change her diet to rice with boiled boneless chicken or ground beef until the stool is normal.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian