Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog (Adult Boxer) has a cut on one pad of his front left…

My dog (Adult Boxer) has...
My dog (Adult Boxer) has a cut on one pad of his front left paw. (Lac about 1/4") Can I use crazy glue or new skin to fill it in like I've done for myself for minor lac's ? He limps slightly and I don't want it to get infected.Scott
8/17/2017
jadedangel57

Hi JaCustomer,

Welcome to Just Answer. I'm so sorry that no other expert answered your question earlier. Your question just showed up on the list of unanswered questions that I have access to and I wanted to help. I hope you will rate my answer rather than the delay. My name is Jane. I have been involved professionally with dogs in the healthcare and behavioral fields for over 20 years. I’ve worked as a Vet Assistant and Behaviorist and have extensive experience in dog reproduction, as a breeder, for even longer than that.. Canine behavioral issues and training are also my specialties. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

Super glue tends to burn when used though some people do. Liquid suture is a good choice but liquid bandage works as well on minor cuts. You do want to flush it with a mild betadine solution or the hydrogen peroxice. Be sure it is dry before applying liquid bandage. You can also use a piece of guaze in a small sock to cushion the cut area of the paw and keep it clean while it heals.

I hope I've given you great service. If so, I'd appreciate a 5 star rating. The rating should be based on my answer and not any site issue. Experts are not compensated until a rating is done. If you have any other questions at all, please reply here and I'll be happy to follow up with you even after you have rated. .

jadedangel57
Thanks Ma'am. ��