Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My dog ate one sublingual 500 mcg vitamin B12 tablet

My dog ate one sublingual 500 mcg vitamin B12 tablet sometime in the last hour. He is 4 years old and weighs 23lbs.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Rufus
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Rufus?
Customer: He is healthy, although I think he cut his gums trying to open another supplement bottle.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Friend, 500mcg of Vitamin B12 will not be toxic for Rufus; this is a water soluble vitamin any excess he will urinate it. No symptoms.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter