Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog ate one sublingual 500 mcg vitamin B12 tablet

sometime in the last hour...
My dog ate one sublingual 500 mcg vitamin B12 tablet sometime in the last hour. He is 4 years old and weighs 23lbs.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Rufus
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Rufus?
Customer: He is healthy, although I think he cut his gums trying to open another supplement bottle.
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/16/2017
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Friend, 500mcg of Vitamin B12 will not be toxic for Rufus; this is a water soluble vitamin any excess he will urinate it. No symptoms.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian