Dr. G.
Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Private Practice Veterinarian
71397578

My dog has diarrhea from all the meds she's on (for her

My dog has diarrhea from all the meds she's on (for her autoimmune disease- hemolytic anemia and thrombocytopenia) and is being treated with Flagyl for the diarrhea. Yesterday when I used wipes to clean her I noticed 2 open sores around her buttocks area. Can I buy a cream over the counter to put on her to heal those open sores?Thank-you

Hello, my name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can.

Please allow a few minutes for me to read your responses and for me to respond back.

I am sorry to hear Sadie is having this problem.

Is she licking at her hind end more than normal?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No , it is an area she would not be able to reach.

You can continue to use the quadritop twice a day, which should help with inflammation. You can also try using a diaper cream such as Desitin 2-3 times a day. You can alternate during the day to get 2 uses of quadritop and 2-3 uses of Desitin. If it doesn't seem to improve over the next few days, I would have her seen again just to make sure there is nothing else going on like anal sac infection/inflammation or an anal sac abscess.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank-you so much!! I really appreciate your help for my poor dog!!

You are very welcome. Hopefully Sadie will be better soon.

I wish you both the best.

I strive for 100% Customer Satisfaction. Please feel free to reply back to me if you need any further information or if you are unsatisfied with this chat. Otherwise, please accept this answer and leave positive feedback for this conversation. Thank you very much and have a great day!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank-you again