Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

3 year old boxer's paws are cold, also is panting. had what…

3 year old boxer's paws...
3 year old boxer's paws are cold, also is panting. had what appeared to be a leg strain a few days ago, was having issue going down stairs.
8/16/2017
Richard Rawling

Hi, i`m Richard, a Veterinarian from the UK. Hopefully I can help today.

Has she had trouble with her legs in the past? Any history of heart problems?

No

Is she limping?

Only when she goes down steps, appears to be right front paw/leg bothering her

Does she seem lethargic, is she eating and drinking ok?

Drinking ok, esting but not like she normally does. We have 2 boxers, the other us wanting to play with her, but she doesn't have much interest

In this situation I always start at the foot of the affected leg, check all her nails, check her pads for any swelling or cuts, check between her toes for any signs of irritation. Work your way up the leg from the foot checking all joints for any signs of discomfort or swelling.

Lameness in the fore limb can be very challenging to narrow down as it is difficult to move just one joint without affecting another.

If she is experiencing some pain/aching that could certainly be affecting her demeanor

Ok thank you, I'll get with my wife and check her front limb

You are very welcome.

Best Wishes,

Richard Rawling
Richard Rawling
Richard Rawling
Richard Rawling