Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I just dropped my 50mg tramadol and my 40lb cockapoo got to…

Customer Question
I just dropped my...

I just dropped my 50mg tramadol and my 40lb cockapoo got to it first.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the Cockapoo?

Nothing, I just want to know if this will hurt him.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the Cockapoo seem to hurt?

No, he swallowed MY tramadol that I dropped on the floor.

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Expert will know if the Cockapoo will be able to digest that. What is the Cockapoo's name?

Jesse

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Jesse?

No he is in good health, mildly obese, and 11 yrs old.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/15/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 11 months ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question. I want to make sure I understand this completely. It was just one 50 mg tramadol that this guy ate?

TG, he usually doesn't do this.
Are you there or do I have to pay more for your second reply?

It was again just the single 50 mg tablet of tramadol that this guy of 40 pounds could have eaten? If this is the case, then it isn't going to be an issue at all. Tramadol is used in dogs for pain management and for a guy his size, this is under the dose I'd use if I scripted it out for him. There shouldn't be any worry from this or need for any treatment.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?